Friday 3 January 2014

So close, yet so far...

Happy New Year!

Now I know that the typical resolutions to make tend to resolve around losing a couple of pounds or being a better person, but last Winter I had a conversation with an acquaintance who was planning to read 52 books in one year (something I found drastically more interesting that trying to give up eating chocolate.)  A little late into 2013 I began jotting down every book that I completed.  

My favourite part about the challenge was that it brought me back into the habit of reading regularly, which is something that I had always loved but lost the knack of finding time for.  I will openly admit that I sadly didn't make it to 52.  At 43, I was 9 novels away from my target, but I would like to think that mine was a respectable attempt.  Along the way, I discovered some utterly unforgetable works of fiction and often enjoyed sharing recommendations and opinions with other readers.  Hopefully 2014 will see me reach the big five-two, but for now, here is the compilation of literature that absorbed me last year...










No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting