Tuesday 24 May 2011

Adventures of a PR Intern: Week 2

This is my second week at the Clear Agency and I have well and truly settled in.  No longer being 'the new girl' means I am now highly susceptible to office banter which is not only entertaining, but makes the day go a lot quicker.  I've really fallen on my feet in a relaxed workplace where everyone gets along which is such a relief.  The commuting doesn't phase me any more, nor do the hours; but then I have worked full time before.  Regardless, this interning business is a lot more enjoyable than I predicted.

A bombshell was dropped on me at the start of the week - Amber, the head of PR is leaving to go on holiday for three weeks, Thursday being her last day.  I think I just got promoted!  I've now got to hold the fort more or less entirely as the others in the office have sales/ marketing/ accounts roles only... no pressure.  At least I've had a few days for her to fill me in on everything that I need to do while she's off sunbathing, but I'm still slightly worried I will crash and burn once she's gone. 

So far this week I have been writing more draft press releases and e-mail alerts.  I've found that it's so much easier to write about the brands which I myself would buy, rather than those aimed at a demographic with wrinkles and a lot more cash to spare.  It's made me think that if I'm going to go into PR after my degree then I would probably enjoy being in-house for a label that I really like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting