Wednesday 4 January 2012

Seek & Adore

Yesterday was my first day at a new internship.  I will now be working part time for the website Seek & Adore.  They have a unique twist to shopping online - everything is made by a 'designer maker' rather than in a factory, so that you know whatever you are buying has a story behind it and won't be in half of the homes across the country.


After finding an advert for the position last Spring and not being able to take up their offer, I am very glad to have kept contact with the owner Hatty Fawcett, so that I could finally get a chance to gain work experience at the company.  Part of an interview I did with Hatty when I was investigating the reality of running your own business, is included in my feature in the post below .  


The plan is that my role is going to be based around social media and using my journalistic skills to write some pieces which will (hopefully) gain publicity for the site. 


As we all know, first impressions count.  I wasn't certain what to expect when I left on the cold Tuesday morning, the first day back to reality after New Year's antics.  Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised by a relatively easy commute as well as a lovely bunch of people to work with.  


Click on the banner below to view the Seek & Adore site; there's even 10% off right now, so it's definitely worth a browse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting